WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
After visiting for 30+ years, Beth and her husband, along with 5 rescue dogs, retired to the Northwoods in December of 2013. She is an award-winning scriptwriter and producer.
People, nature, life and music, of all genres and eras, fill me with joy! My goal is to share those passions with our WXPR listeners. I often attempt to communicate through the music and I enjoy the back-stories to some of the music.
Susie and I retired to Phelps, WI in 2006 having lived in Illinois. I've also lived in Connecticut, Texas, Maryland and New York. I have been singing as long as I can remember and in 2000 I began performing in the Chicago area. I've been...
Bob Willging is a freelance outdoor writer who specializes in writing about Wisconsin's tremendous outdoor and sporting heritage. He has written two books: "History Afield: Stories From the Golden Age of Wisconsin Sporting Life " and "On the...