WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
You can hear Molly Rose on Midday Classics and Classics By Request.
Monie Shackleford lives in Ironwood, Michigan with her husband and two children. She has a Master's of Science degree in plant ecology from UW-Milwaukee and does seasonal botany fieldwork. She enjoys cross-country skiing, biking, and camping...
When I moved to Rhinelander in 1995 WXPR was recommended to me as the best radio station in the area and it's been my favorite station ever since. The Wisconsin Northwoods is home and WXPR is a regional asset as much as the wildlife, woods and...
Warming up in the White Pine Room for WXPR's Open House welcoming the community to the new studios.