WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Jim was born and raised in Oak Park, Illinois. He moved to Eau Claire, WI in 1978 and Rhinelander in 2000.
WXPR is truly my window on the world. I enjoy the news (local and national), the in depth reporting of events around the world, the talk shows, and the human-interest stories. In an age of sensationalism in the media, public radio is still staffed by professional journalists who bring an accurate and balanced look at the events of our time.
I have a deep personal commitment to the Northwoods and I want to contribute to the viability of our communities. I serve on several boards and committees, which gives me a broad perspective of the needs and opportunities before us. My long term goal is to sustain our communities as desirable places to live, work, and raise families.