WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Monie Shackleford lives in Ironwood, Michigan with her husband and two children. She has a Master's of Science degree in plant ecology from UW-Milwaukee and does seasonal botany fieldwork. She enjoys cross-country skiing, biking, and camping with her family. She also volunteers for non-profit community groups especially the Friends of the Miners Memorial Heritage Park.