WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
I first discovered WXPR’s unique voice while vacationing in the Northwoods. Then, when my husband and I moved to Rhinelander from New York City 24 years ago, I appreciated WXPR all the more for its amazing coverage of local news and diverse music programs hosted by dedicated volunteers. For 13 years I had the pleasure of serving as a volunteer host for Blues Friday, and currently volunteer as a substitute host for Sunday Jazz. I’ve also had the honor, as a retired journalist, of volunteering for Ken Krall as a news reporter. And most important, I am very happy to be serving for a second time on the Board of Directors.