WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
County "M" to "W"
Sat July 20, 2013
15 Miles In Vilas County To Be Repaved In 2014
The public is invited to a meeting called by the Department of Transportation concerning the repaving of 15 miles of road in Vilas county next year.
DOT Project Manager Dan Erva outlines what the DOT would like to do...
"....in Vilas county from county highway "M" to county highway "W". The DOT is planning on resurfacing the highway to address the deteriorating pavement. Construction is scheduled for the summer of 2014..."
The stretch from county "M" to "W" is about 15 miles.
Proposed improvements include, resurfacing the highway, widening the paved shoulders near Spider Lake Bridge and Manitowish Waters to accommodate bicycle traffic, replacing or re-lining culvert pipes, and replacing the structures at Trout River and Gresham Creek.
Erva says during the project next summer the road will have temporary lane closures. Some portions of the project may require temporary signals with the road down to one lane.
Erva says the road will remain open at all times.
The meeting is being held at the Manitowish Waters town hall on Wednesday, July 24 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.