WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Shooting in Rhinelander
Tue October 8, 2013
Alsteens Pleads Not Guilty
A Rhinelander man charged with attempted homicide charge has entered a plea of not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.
24 year old Marcus Alsteens was arrested after a September 13 shooting incident at a home on Mason Street he shared with a cousin. Justin Alsteens was hospitalized but is recovering.
Alsteens is charged with attempted first degree homicide, aggravated battery, negligent handling of a weapon and injury by negligent use of a weapon, all charges have an additional domestic abuse provision.
Oneida County Circuit Judge Patrick O'Melia set another hearing for October 25. Alsteens is jailed on a $50,000 cash bond.
August shooting in Rhinelander