WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Embezzlement from Northwoods Animal Hospital
Thu July 3, 2014
Arbor Vitae Woman Bound Over For Trial
A former office manager at Northwoods Animal Hospital in Minocqua has been bound over for trial.
47 year old Brenda J. Wigglesworth of Arbor Vitae is charged with theft from a business over $10,000. The criminal complaint says Wigglesworth allegedly started writing improper checks in 2008. She was employed at the animal hospital until 2013. Investigators say the amount of money allegedly improperly written to her is in the tens of thousands of dollars.
At a hearing in Oneida County Court, Detective Philip Newcomb testified to the evidence investigators allegedly found on spread sheets from the facility.
Judge Patrick O'Melia found probable cause a felony occurred. He ordered Wigglesworth to return to court August 4. She is free on $15,000 signature bond.