WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Art Show and Sale
Wed July 16, 2014
Artarama Comes to Eagle River for 42nd Year
Eagle River is hosting a long-running art show and sale this weekend. About a hundred exhibitors will participate in the 42nd year of Artarama, the juried fine art event.
Artarama chairperson Lori Hahn says it’s a competitive process to get into the show, and a committee tries to select a diverse representation of art forms.
“We jury the artwork in March, and we try to pick a number of artists in several different media. It ranges from painters to potters, woodworkers, chainsaw carving, metal sculpture…”
Hahn says there’s also a place in the show for young artists. The Young at Art tent features artists age 18 and under.
“This year we have a five-and-a-half year old boy, who’s going make postcards and paintings and he’s going to sign them for you. And we have anywhere from five and a half to thirteen years old this year I believe.”
Saturday’s event also includes a silent auction to raise money for scholarships and artist-in-residency programs.
Artarama is 9 to 3 on Saturday at Riverside Park in Eagle River.
Over Five Hundred Entries
Interpretations of History
Immersed in Music
Courses at The Mill