WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
Less travel for patients
Tue July 1, 2014
Aspirus Rhinelander Clinic Adds Cardiac Rehab
Aspirus Rhinelander Clinic recently expanded its cardiac rehab and therapy services.
The clinic opened on Rhinelander's north side in March, 2008. Regional Director for Aspirus Clinics, Rob Fabich says the clinic has had the therapy department open for more than three years. He says they found a need for a new physical therapist. At the same time they determined they also needed more help with the cardiac rehab offerings...
"....many of our patients that have cardiac surgery at Wausau Hospital do not have an option to do cardiac rehab in the Northwoods. We knew we needed to expand some space with the addition of our new physical therapist and we incorporated that into our plans to also build some space in to do some cardiac rehab as well...."
Cardiac rehab is an outpatient service that helps people gain strength and return to their normal lifestyle. He says the Clinic continues to add services.
The clinic opened on Rhinelander's north side in March, 2008.
Making it Easier to Get Care