WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Town of Cassian fire
Tue February 4, 2014
Autopsy To Determine Identity Of Fire Victim
An autopsy is being done to positively identify the victim of a Monday afternoon house fire in the Oneida county town of Cassian.
Oneida County Sheriff's officials report the fire at 3892 Woodland Trail...north of Tomahawk. The home was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived.
Lieutenant Dan Hess says further investigation on the body of the victim is being done...
".....based on the initial investigation, one human remains has been located at the residence. A forensic autopsy is being scheduled and an identification will be forthcoming...."
The fire remains under investigation by the state Fire Marshall, town of Cassian fire department, and Oneida County Sheriff and Medical Examiner's Department.