WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Fri July 19, 2013
Bebel Gilberto On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed October 2, 2013 4:54 pm
Bebel Gilberto may be the daughter of Joao Gilberto, one of the first bossa nova composers, but that's hardly her only claim to fame. Her album Tanto Tempo, produced by the electronic artist Suba, was a best-seller in Brazil throughout the 2000s.
Here, World Cafe revisits a 2004 session with Bebel Gilberto, including two songs from her self-titled follow-up album to Tanto Tempo. It's a move away from the electronic elements she'd embraced for so many years; here, she discusses that transition, her famous father and the constant movement in her life.