WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
Fri August 2, 2013
Big Country On World Cafe
Originally published on Tue December 10, 2013 4:03 pm
When Big Country founder and lead singer Stuart Adamson died in 2001, most would have assumed that the Scottish band was finished. But in 2007, the group reunited for a 25th-anniversary tour with a new lead singer in its lineup. Though Adamson was a hard man to replace, Big Country found comfort in recording and playing with Mike Peters, formerly of The Alarm.
With original Big Country member Bruce Watson at the helm, the band's new album came out last April and is titled The Journey. In this installment of World Cafe, hear the group perform a handful of old and new songs.