WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Jury verdict in Bucki case
Wed April 16, 2014
Bucki Found Guilty; Large Drug Bust Near Rhinelander
Two crime-related stories for April 16:
A jury in Lincoln county has found 50 year old Mark Bucki guilty of killing his wife and hiding her body last year.
Bucki was arrested May 13, 2013 after his wife's body was found in a swamp in Taylor county. Anita Bucki had disappeared several days before.
The 1st degree homicide verdict requires a minimum of life in prison.
A sentencing date was not set.
In Oneida county, A large drug bust near Rhinelander has led to the arrest of four persons for alleged methamphetamine use, production and distribution.
The Oneida County Sheriff's Department reports a search warrant at an undisclosed location in the town of Pine Lake led to the arrests of 38 year old Gerry Frederick, 55 year old Thomas Franz, 40 year old Scott Dumprope and 46 year old Carrie Stienmetz. All of the arrested are from the Rhinelander area.Other charges included marijuana possession, keeping a drug house and possessing drug paraphernalia.
Other arrests are expected. The Northcentral Drug Enforcement Group, made up of several Northwoods law enforcement agencies, was involved in the bust.