WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Lake Tomahawk facility
Sat August 3, 2013
Camp American Legion Gets More Funding
Tuesday, Wisconsin's Department of Veteran's Affairs Secretary John Scocos will be in the Northwoods to talk about upgrades to Camp American Legion.
Scocos says from the recent budget, the veteran's camp in Lake Tomahawk will receive $50,000 to help the camp continue to serve military members and families with physical or psychological conditions...
"...Camp American Legion has done so much to honor our veterans and serve the needs of our veterans who are healing from their wounds, whether it's psychological or physical. It's a start to provide additional help to those veterans groups who need our assistance to provide those benefits and great service to that veteran and a family member...."
Camp American Legion was founded in 1925.
Scocos will tour the facility Tuesday.