WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
About a million miles from the sun
Wed November 27, 2013
Comet ISON Not So Spectacular: Astronomer
A local astronomer says the comet which some thought would be a big deal could be fizzling out. WXPR's Ken Krall yesterday had a chance to talk with Frank Kovac who owns a planetarium in Monico. The majesty of the night sky can be enhanced with a visit from a comet passing by. Some have been spectacular, but this one, called ISON, hasn't lived up to the hype.
Astonomer Frank Kovac from Monico.
An Experimental Approach
An Annual Show