WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
Avoids jail time
Wed January 22, 2014
Crandon Daycare Provider Is Sentenced
No jail time for a Crandon woman who was charged with running an unlicensed daycare. Her son, facing multiple sexual assault and other charges, facing sentencing next month.
62 year old Nancy Anderson pleaded guilty to three counts of failing to have a daycare provider license in her home. Counts of neglecting a child were dismissed in Forest County court.
Nancy Anderson received two years probation and can only watch over children to whom she is related. She also was ordered to do 100 hours of community service
Anderson's 39 year old son William is facing counts of repeated sexual assault of a child and exposing his genitals. The alleged crimes were commited last year. William Anderson will be sentenced February 18.