WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Spider Lake bridge
Tue October 22, 2013
Crash Detours Traffic On U.S. 51 In Vilas County
A semi-tractor trailer crash on U.S. 51 this morning is forcing the re-routing of traffic in Vilas county.
Sheriff Joe Fath says U.S. 51 will be closed at the Spider Lake bridge after the mishap. He says power lines are across the road. The power company is at the accident scene making repairs. Fath expected traffic to be detoured into the early afternoon.