WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Sun June 29, 2014
Deadline Nearing For First Responder Grants
There's one month to go for area emergency responders to get grant money from Wisconsin Public Service.
Wisconsin Public Service's Foundation is celebrating 50 years with a special effort...says spokesperson Leah Van Zile...
"....August 1st is the deadline for emergency responders to apply for our new safety grant. We'll be awarding 25 grants(in the service area) of $2,000 to area responders in the public service area...."
The total grant amount totals $50,000 for the WPS service area...
"....the application is very simple. They go online to wisconsinpublicservice.com
scroll down to where it says 'first responders' and get linked to where the grant is. There are some things that would be considered, some that would not. The application is right on line..."
Van Zile says grants may be used to purchase equipment and professional development. Projects must be special, one-time safety-related efforts.