WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Too many hoops to jump through
Wed September 4, 2013
Eagle River, Library Pass on Community Development Block Grant
Too many hoops to jump through has prevented the city of Eagle River and the Olson Memorial Library representatives from applying for a Community Development Block Grant.
Eagle River Mayor Jeff Hyslop says everyone agreed Tuesday night during a special meeting the grant process was too burdensome...
"....it was mutally decided that it probably wasn't in the library's interest to pursue the grant at this time. There were enough strings attached that it could actually create more hurdles for the library than would help..."
Library officials are working toward raising $2.3 million dollars to double the size of the present library at the current site.
In addition to a new young adult area, all other areas and collections will be expanded. It will have expanded high speed internet capability, a large meeting room and other additions are planned. The library foundation's website says they have raised almost $940,000 dollars toward the goal.