WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
Woman and unborn child
Wed February 5, 2014
Eagle River Man Charged With Attempted Homicide
An Eagle River man is facing attempted homicide charges in connection with an alleged stabbing incident Saturday.
28 year old Andrew L. Rosner of 4060 Deerskin Road was arrested in the alleged knifing incident. The victims were taken to a Marshfield Hospital for treatment.
Sheriff Joe Fath says Rosner made an appearance Wednesday in Vilas County Court....
"...the District Attorney has charged Andrew with two counts of first-degree intentional homicide. One to the girlfriend, and one for the unborn child..."
The charges also had charge enhancers because it was a domestic violence incident along with using a dangerous weapon. The hearing was adjourned until Monday so Rosner could get legal representation.
Rosner was arrested shortly after the incident by a Vilas Sheriff's deputy and Eagle River police officer. Bond has been set at $50,000.