WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Fire contained quickly
Tue July 23, 2013
Fire Damages Rhinelander Home
Damage was limited from a structure fire Monday afternoon in Rhinelander.
Firefighters were called about 4:00 p.m. to the 200 block of Maple Street.
Fire Chief Terry Williams says they were able to limit the damage...
"....when we arrived there was fire in the wall, we had a crew inside and crew outside...opened the wall from both sides. There were some embers in there...very little smoke damage...no water damage..."
Cause of the fire wasn't released. Williams says the home's occupants had attacked the fire with an extinguisher. Firefighters were able to put out some smoldering embers, but other than the fire area, damage was limited.