WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Around the Nation
Fri November 29, 2013
Fired Pizza Hut Manager Offered His Job Back
Originally published on Fri November 29, 2013 10:42 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer.
It's a happy ending after all for Tony Rohr's Thanksgiving dispute with Pizza Hut. The Elkhart, Indiana Pizza Hut manager was fired earlier this month for refusing to open on Thanksgiving. He wanted his employees to spend the holiday with their families. Rohr's story went viral, boycotts threats emerged, Pizza Hut headquarters urged the franchise to reinstate Rohr and now they have.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.