WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
Community Education speaker
Mon February 10, 2014
Former Educator Seeks Positive Student Attitudes
Rhinelander School District Community Education Program is sponsoring a talk by a Rhinelander native who is hoping to show young people what a positive attitude can do for them.
Tom Montgomery has a long background in private business, but he also taught at Wausau West high school for many years before retiring. He talked with Ken Krall to preview an upcoming talk at Rhinelander High School.
Tom's father was Duke Montgomery, who is honored at the Logging Museum at Pioneer Park with the Duke Montgomery Antique Outboard and Fishing Museum.
Montgomery will speak February 18 at 6:00 p.m. More information is available by contacting the school district's Community Education Coordinator Mike Cheslock at 715-365-9745.
Public School Choice Time
Could be open by January