WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Hearing from the Community
Thu August 29, 2013
Forum For Seniors On Changes to Medicare and Social Security
The Wisconsin Alliance For Retired Persons is holding a town hall meeting Friday morning in Rhinelander about potential cuts to Social Security and Medicare and other related topics.
Alliance President Billy Feitlinger says he wants to hear from those affected what potential cuts by Congress would mean.
"The most important one is the changing of the annual adjustment for cost of living. That would be very detrimental to current seniors if the formula was changed for that."
Other topics include how the Affordable Care Act will impact Medicare and whether Social Security contributes to the federal debt.
The town hall meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. at the Rhinelander Public Library on North Stevens Street.
Social Security cutbacks reviewed