WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
8 new supervisors
Tue April 15, 2014
Hintz Named Oneida Co. Board Chair
Eight new faces joined long-time members of the Oneida County Board for the reorganizational meeting Tuesday.
The newly-seated board unanimously elected David Hintz of Three Lakes as new chair. Hintz has served as the board's vice-chair.....
"...thank you for the honor of being elected(chair) to serve the county board and work with you. I've worked with many of you over the years, talked to some(of you) on the phone and met some of you for the first time this morning and I think we have a good group..."
Jack Sorensen was elected first vice-chair and Carol Pederson was elected second vice-chair. Three recounts confirmed the election night winners. Of the 21 seats, two are held by women, including newcomer Lisa Zunker.
Former Board Chair Ted Cushing was reelected to the board but declined the chairmanship for this term.