WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
37 years as chairman
Tue July 23, 2013
Huettl Dies, Longtime Forest Co. Bd. Chairman
Longtime Forest county Board of Supervisor's Chairman Erhard Huettl has died. He was 82. A published obituary says Huettl was suffering from lung disease. He died Saturday at his home.
Huettl served 37 years as county board chairman, first elected as a supervisor in 1968. He served in a number of functions with the state County's Association and other committees and posts. He had a dairy and beef farm at Wabeno.
Visitation and funeral services will by at Trinity Lutheran Church in Wabeno Wednesday evening with services at 11 a.m. Thursday July 24.