WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Problem spreading west
Thu December 5, 2013
Invasive Phragmites Seen In Northwoods
Another invasive plant is threatening the shorelines of our northern waters...a plant that has taken over large stretches of Lake Michigan and Green Bay shores.
It's called phragmites. Ken Krall spoke with Vilas County invasive species coordinator Ted Ritter about the threat from the tall plant that's very aggressive...
Going Against the Grain
Preventing Spread of Invasives
Making Life Hard for Rainbow Smelt
Educating the Youth