WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Around the Nation
Fri August 9, 2013
Kansas City Sandwich Is A 'Hit' With Baseball Teams
Originally published on Fri August 9, 2013 11:06 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Oklahoma Joe's barbecue is a popular spot in Kansas City - especially known for its Z-Man sandwich - smoked brisket with provolone topped with onion rings. The Minnesota Twins must've gotten the memo. They ordered 50 Z-Mans on Tuesday, and went on to beat the hometown Royals in a blowout.
The next day, Oklahoma Joes sent 51 Z-Mans to the Royals. It worked. They beat the Twins five to two. Don't mean to be superstitious, but that sandwich is a hit. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.