WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
Fund joint position
Wed March 5, 2014
LDF-Vilas Co. Collaboration
A growing backlog of cases in the Vilas County District Attorney's office has led the Lac du Flambeau tribe to offer $25,000 to help fund a part-time Administrative Secretary position.
The tribe presented the money this week to Vilas county officials. The money is matched by Vilas county contribution over three years.
Many of the cases in waiting are from Lac du Flambeau.
County-tribal relations cited