WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
Sat July 20, 2013
Lets Go Fishing Chapter To Begin Service
The Northwoods Chapter of Lets Go Fishing leaves the dock Wednesday and Thursday from Hodag Park in Rhinelander.
The program was developed for seniors and others who enjoy fishing but can't get out on the water says chapter president Sue Koehne....
"....this organization is planning on taking any groups who wish to, especially if they have a senior or a child with special needs. It's a very wide range of process that we can to with the (Lets Go Fishing) boat and we have a large number of volunteers who can help us accomplish what we need..."
Koehne says they will be running two boats on four different cruises Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. both days. Equipment will be provided.
The Sugar Camp Lions club will provide food.
Lets Go Fishing has chapters throughout Minnesota, but this is the first chapter in Rhinelander. More information is on the Lets Go Fishing website.