WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
Named last Thursday
Sun January 12, 2014
Local Agent Approves Of Cross As Chancellor
A local UW-Extension agent thinks the UW System has made a good choice for it's new Chancellor.
Last week. Ray Cross -- who's been the chancellor of the U-W Extension and two-year colleges since 2011 -- was named to replace Kevin Reilly. It's the third straight time that the Board of Regents chose a president from within. Reilly held Cross's former job when he was picked nine years ago -- and Katharine Lyall was the U-W's vice president for academic affairs when she was promoted to the top. Oneida County UW-Extension leader Erica Brewster says she also thinks Cross is a good choice...
".....very inciteful, very reflective individual who understands the importance of relationships and is an excellent communicator and is very interested in making sure people understand the full situation..."
She says Cross speaks well on a one-to-one basis.
Regents' selection chairman Michael Falbo says the 66-year-old Cross has a quote, "deep understanding" of the challenges and opportunities facing the 26-campus system.