WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Allegedly fled Marshfield hospital
Wed October 30, 2013
Man Arrested After Hospital Escape
An 18 year old Lac du Flambeau man has been captured early Wednesday by authorities after an escape and chase.
Vilas County deputies report Jeffrey Bauman, Jr. walked away from St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield late Tuesday evening. Bauman was taken there last Friday from the Vilas County Jail after saying he had paralysis to his lower body. About 12:40 this morning, Lac du Flambeau police saw Bauman in a car and pursued him. Bauman crashed the vehicle and fled on foot. He was captured about three this morning without incident.
While online court records don't indicate why Bauman was initially jailed, officials say he faces new charges of escape, fleeing an officer, and felony recklessly endangering safety. Charges are also possible against people police suspect helped Bauman.
Minocqua, Woodruff, and Lac du Flambeau police along with the Oneida and Vilas county sheriff departments were involved in Bauman's arrest.