WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Airlifted to Wausau
Thu July 4, 2013
Man Injured Early Thursday Near Tomahawk
A 24 year old man has received serious injuries after falling off a golf cart early Thursday morning.
The Lincoln County Sheriff's Department reports a call around 2:30 a.m. to Chapman Cove Road in the town of Bradley. Deputies found the man fell off the moving cart while operating on private property. The victim suffered neck and face injuries. He was first taken to Sacred Heart Hospital in Tomahawk, then airlifted to Aspirus Wausau Hospital. His name and identity were not released.
The Sheriff's department reports alcohol is believed to be a factor in the incident.