WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Airlifted to Wausau
Thu July 4, 2013
Man Injured Early Thursday Near Tomahawk
A 24 year old man has received serious injuries after falling off a golf cart early Thursday morning.
The Lincoln County Sheriff's Department reports a call around 2:30 a.m. to Chapman Cove Road in the town of Bradley. Deputies found the man fell off the moving cart while operating on private property. The victim suffered neck and face injuries. He was first taken to Sacred Heart Hospital in Tomahawk, then airlifted to Aspirus Wausau Hospital. His name and identity were not released.
The Sheriff's department reports alcohol is believed to be a factor in the incident.