WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Strong bookings for the holidays
Tue November 5, 2013
More Passengers Flying From ROCA
More of us are flying from the Rhinelander-Oneida County Airport.
Airport Director Joe Brauer says the switch to the Delta-connect airline SkyWest has improved the number of passengers flying out of Rhinelander...
"...through the first ten months of the year we're running about a 53 percent load factor. We started out slow in the first quarter. We had a very strong summer where (the number of passengers) were running in the high eighties..."
Brauer says the higher rates of enplanements are the result of an improving economy, and the frequent flyers who enjoy Delta Airlines have returned. Thanksgiving is a very busy flying time and he says the bookings are looking good...
"...we'll see strong holidays, definitely...hopefully you have your tickets booked already because a lot of the cheap seats are sold out already over Thanksgiving and the Christmas week...."
Skywest Airlines began service in January after Frontier Airlines decided to leave the market. Skywest flies to the Minneapolis-St. Paul market as a global connection for Delta Airlines.