WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
Mon May 27, 2013
Next: Ace Reporter
Originally published on Tue May 28, 2013 11:18 am
After a band breakup, musician Chris Snyder consoled himself with the challenge of what he called "the threesixfive project": a challenge to write a song every day for a year. This one-man band ended up with 10 songs that stuck, and those formed his debut album, Yearling.
The Brooklyn multi-instrumentalist eventually got a chance to revisit the recordings, which initially were little more than sketches, in an upstate New York studio. Listen to two songs from Yearling here.