WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Mon July 1, 2013
World Cafe Next: Elastic Bond
Originally published on Fri October 4, 2013 10:16 am
The Miami-based Latin alternative band Elastic Bond has a varied sound that's hard to pinpoint. Its debut album, Real, contains tropical elements well suited to its home state of Florida, but funky horns and retro-leaning samples help freshen that sound. The combination of genres goes well with the band's name, which references a chemical equation.
Venezuelan producer Andres Ponce and Honduran singer Sofy Cantato also drop influences like A Tribe Called Quest into the mix, and describe their band as looking backwards in order to move ahead. In this installment of World Cafe: Next, hear two songs from the new album.