WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Mon August 19, 2013
Next: Moreland And Arbuckle
Originally published on Thu September 26, 2013 1:32 pm
This week's World Cafe: Next artist is the Kansas band Moreland & Arbuckle, whose members play blues-drenched roots-rock. On their fifth album, 7 Cities, they've adopted the loose theme of the explorer Coronado's search for the seven cities of gold — which, not so coincidentally, took the conquistador right into their home territory.
After meeting at an open-mic night, Aaron Moreland and Dustin Arbuckle discovered a mutual love of Mississippi Delta blues. Thirteen years later, they recorded their new album at Stone Gossard's studio, and the results plainly demonstrate how far they've come.