WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Wed May 29, 2013
No Bomb Found In Town Of Piehl
The Marathon-Oneida County Bomb Squad was called to a town of Piehl residence Tuesday after someone suspected there was an improvised explosive device.
Oneida County Sheriff's deputies report they went to a residence on East Stella Lake Road. An investigation found the device to not be dangerous. A small amount of fireworks was discovered.
The Oneida County Sheriff's Office was assisted by the Marathon County Sheriff's Office, Three Lakes Police Department, Three Lakes Fire Department, and Oneida County EMS.