WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Concern about runways
Wed January 15, 2014
No Decision On Eagle River Airport Property Purchase
No decision was made Tuesday by the Eagle River city council on the possiblity of purchasing some property near the Eagle River airport.
Mayor Jeff Hyslop says officials would like to buy the Tsevas property using a Federal Aviation Administration grant near the airport as the property is in line with the runways...
"....and if that property were to develop and a building go up....it could create a dangerous situation. The Bureau of Aeronautics has some interest in purchasing the property and it's just a matter if we would want to participate or not.
Hyslop says the council decided to postpone any decision on that issue and about possibly develop alternative snowmobile trail routes until more information could be obtained.