WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
No trial date set
Tue April 8, 2014
No Plea Deal In OC Motorcycle Death
No plea deal has been worked out for a Walworth county woman charged in Oneida county after a fatal motorcycle crash during the annual Fall Ride last fall.
50 year old Lynette Haman of Elkhorn is charged with homicide by intoxicate use of a vehicle and homicide by use of a vehicle while having a Prohibited Alcohol Content.
The crash happened the evening of September 13 at county highway "L" and Prairie Rapids Road, nine miles north of Tomahawk. Authorities says Lynette Haman was traveling south on County Road L when she allegedly made a left turn in front of a northbound motorcycle operated by Benjamin Guite, Sr. Guite died from his injuries a few days after the crash.
In Oneida county court Wednesday Haman's attorney , Michele Tjader, said no plea deal has been worked out. Tjader says the defense team is still gathering evidence...
".....in addition, my client has retained someone to do our own independent accident reconstruction...."
Judge Patrick O'Melia set a motion hearing for June 5, but no trial date. Haman remains free on a $15,000 signature bond.