WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Art Show at Nicolet
Fri May 2, 2014
Northern National Entry Deadline Approaching
There's just over a week left to submit entries for the Northern National art exhibit at Nicolet College.
Gallery Director Katy Ralph says the show solicits work from around the country…in a variety of subjects and media. A judge chooses about 80 pieces to for the show.
“We ask the judge to pick a selection of whatever he or she thinks is a slice of American Art right now. We look for a variety of mediums…everything that can hang on a wall is acceptable.”
The show began almost three decades ago as an attempt to bring more art from around the country to the Northwoods.
Ralph explains the Northern Arts Council awards three $1000 prizes to the show’s winners, as well as several smaller awards. The judge for the show changes from year to year.
“Our judge this year is Linda Benedict-Jones from Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh. Her main field has been photography, so she’s an expert in that field, but she also will be asked to choose all different mediums.”
The deadline for entries is May 10th. The show is set to open July 22nd.
Arts & Life
A National Competition
First Show of the Year
Lessons for Life and Writing