WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
A Journey to the West Coast
Fri July 4, 2014
Northwoods Author Tours Book By Bike
Brian Benson grew up in the Northwoods and has written a memoir about a bike trip he took from Wisconsin to Portland Oregon. Now he’s touring with his book around the Midwest…also by bike.
In his book Benson describes how after college, unable to decide on the one thing he wanted to do with his life, he took a backpacking trip through Central America. As he tells WXPR’s Natalie Jablonski, in Guatemala he fell for a woman named Rachel…who led him down the cycling path.
Benson’s tour of his book Going Somewhere…continues Saturday with a reading at the Mercer public library.
Six Mile Commute
Lessons for Life and Writing
Poets on Poetry
State Poet Laureate
A Long Day's Ride