WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Public Comment Period Underway
Tue February 4, 2014
Northwoods Waters Listed On Impaired Waters List
The DNR is out with an update list of waters that are listed as having too much pollution in them. They are also asking for public comment on the list.
Water Resources Management Specialist Aaron Larson told Ken Krall says states are required by the EPA to develop this list every other year.
Among some of the water bodies listed are Boom Lake in Rhinelander, Kentuck Lake in Forest county, the Eagle Chain in Vilas county, Summit and Upper Post Lakes in Langlade county and Lake Alice in Lincoln county among dozens of others in each county. There's a public comment period for the next 30 days plus a webinar set for February 12. The complete list is on the DNR website under keywords "impaired waters".