WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
May is national Mental Health Awareness Month
Tue May 20, 2014
One In Five Families Deal With Mental Health Issues
A spokesperson says a goal is to have mental illness viewed in the same light as any other disease.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. The Northern Lakes president of the National Alliance on Mental Illness chapter, Mick Fiocchi spoke with Ken Krall about their efforts.
This month the NAMI meeting features a question and answer session with psychiatrist Dr. Richard Immler. It's scheduled for Tuesday, May 27th at 7pm.at First United Methodist Church in Rhinelander. More information is at nami.org or email naminorthernlakes@ yahoo dot com.
For Professionals and Community Members