WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
Negotiations to continue
Tue February 18, 2014
Oneida County To Counter-Offer On WPS Building
The Oneida County Board Tuesday agreed to negotiate a lease with Midwest Lease, LLC for the sale of the former WPS building near the courthouse.
The board met in closed session then announced they had authorized a number of county officials to negotiate a counter offer of $225,000 cash, with the building in "As is" condition and to close by March 31.
If the counter offer is rejected, the board authorized the officials to continue negotiating with Midwest Lease LLC and bring the results back to the county board meeting in March. The building has been for sale for years. The county bought the building from WPS in 2008. The original purchase price was more than $500,000. The current asking price is $365,000.
A bid from a Rhinelander businessman was rejected last month.
Former WPS building an option