WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
87 year old woman
Sat November 16, 2013
Pedestrian Fatality Friday In Eagle River
Eagle River police report a pedestrian fatality Friday afternoon.
Police Chief Mark VanderBloomen reports a vehicle driven by an 87 year old man was westbound on East Pine Street or Highway 70. At the intersection with South Second Street, his vehicle struck and 87 year old woman crossing East Pine Street. She was pronounced dead at the scene. The incident happened just before 4 p.m.
Eagle River police and Vilas county authorities are investigating the fatality. Names will be released when relatives are notified.