WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Drive in Rhinelander and Eagle River
Wed December 4, 2013
People Still Need Blood During the Holidays
The need for blood continues during the holidays and a Red Cross spokesperson says he hopes people respond over the next two days.
Blood Represenative Marc Sutton says donations tend to drop during the holidays...
"...people are on vacation, on holidays and traveling...we see blood donations go down a little bit....the need doesn't go down during the holiday seasons....'
Sutton points out that some people need blood, even during the holidays...
"....there's surgeries going on every day...there's a need for blood products every day. That doesn't change because of the holidays....we hope people have the generosity and the spirit during the holidays...."
The drive will be at the AmericInn in Rhinelander, Thursday from noon to 5 p.m. Friday, the Red Cross will be at St. Peters Catholic Church in Eagle River from 12:30 to 5 p.m. Appointments can be made at 800-RED CROSS or walk ins are welcome.