WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
Fri January 31, 2014
Price County Facility Fined For Air Pollution
A Park Falls wood processing facility has agreed to a fine to settle a complaint filed by the state for air pollution.
Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen's office announced the judgment against Johnson Timber Corporation
. The complaint filed by the DNR said the company exceeded its allowable hourly particulate matter emission rate. Also, a June 2011 emissions stack test showed Johnson Timber exceeded two of the particulate matter limitations in its air pollution control permit.
The company was fined $17,500 including court costs and surcharges. Van Hollen says the company cooperated with the DNR to ensure future compliance with its permit. The company has taken measures to curtail the emissions.