WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
Referendum vote for AV-W
Tue February 18, 2014
Primary Election Day In Wisconsin
It's primary election day across the state. A few county and town races are on ballots. The most noteworthy vote comes in the Arbor Vitae-Woodruff school district.
The school board is asking voters to approve $975,000 over three years. The district recently paid off an $800,000 building debt. Officials say that repayment will nearly offset the referendum request.
There's one race in Oneida county for the board seat in the Pelican Lake-Enterprise area. In Vilas county, Two primary races are being contested in Vilas county. One is in the town of Lincoln and the other is in the Phelps-Conover area.
We'll have results as they are available.